Monday, October 20, 2008

Overtime Is Worth It

i've discovered the joys of overtime (and by joys i mean the extra money) and it's totally motivating me to work more hours. yesterday i worked three extra hours. yesterday was sunday, which is my busy weekend day, but i made myself do it and i'm glad that i did. i don't usually do any overtime on sundays because i get up super early to go to church and it kind of eats up the first half of my day. i get up at 6:15 so i can leave my apartment by 6:30. this whole daylight savings time thing is killing me with that because it's like pitch black when i'm walking to the subway. sunday mornings i get on the 1 train at 125th street in harlem, and i was kind of nervous yesterday to walk there alone in the dark when there's not a lot of people around, so i wore my plaid underwear with the tiny skulls and crossbones to make me feel a little bit tougher. i think it worked because nobody came near me. church was really fun because katie's family came and then after the service they took me out to lunch. i had a chicken parm hero and it was pretty good. the french fries were excellent.

not much going on right now, i'm listening to "exploring music" on 96.3 The Classical Station Of The New York Times. it's all music that was inspired by shakespeare. it's pretty interesting. i think they're playing medelssohn but i can't be sure because i wasn't really paying attention when the guy was talking about it. i like it but it better be over soon because i need to watch dancing with the stars. oh wait, they've started playing the wedding march. it's definitely mendelssohn. midsummer night's dream. and it's wrapping up. i gotta go. smell ya later.

2 comments:

melissa said...

it's nice to know that you have courage-inspiring underwear. maybe i should invest in some........

grandmommy said...

41504150This is a little late, but I am fascinated by the underwear! Am also enjoying your blogs......

Grandmommy