Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mercurial temperament

      "I have a mercurial temperament," Anastasia said to her mother.
      "You also have a terribly dirty shirt on," her mother said.  "Don't you have any clean clothes?"
      "Yes, but I hate all my clean shirts.  This is my favorite shirt.  I'll save the clean ones for school.  This is okay for Saturday."
- Anastasia Krupnik, by Lois Lowry

So I've discovered the new design templates (thank you Sammi) and decided to revamp my blog (again).  My only problem is that there are too many fun ones to choose from.  I'm not going to pick just one and stick to it, I'm going to change whenever I feel like it.  It will depend on my mood, which, having a mercurial temperament as I do, changes a lot.  So don't be surprised if you visit my blog and it looks completely different than the time before.  It's still the same old blog, just wearing a different outfit.  It has a mercurial temperament.  Like me.  

      "Don't you agree that I have a mercurial temperament?"
      "Tell me what it means," said her mother.
      "It means someone who changes her mind a lot."
      "What have you changed your mind about?"
       Anastasia hoisted herself up on the countertop and sat with her legs dangling.
      "Well, just for an example, do you remember that at Thanksgiving I told you I hated pumpkin pie?"
      "Mmmmm."
      "Did you notice at Christmas I ate a whole lot of pumpkin pie?"
      "Yes," said her mother thoughtfully.  "As a matter of fact, I did notice that.  Christmas night, very late, I sneaked into the kitchen to get something to eat, and what I wanted was a piece of pumpkin pie.  And it was all gone.  You ate all the whipped cream, too."
      "Yeah.  Mercurial temperament." 

3 comments:

Sammi said...

you are MOST welcome.
See you Friday!!

Lah said...

HAha, I commented about the blog background awesomeness already, but just so you know which one I mean, I mean the one with the books. Might have to steal that. Hmm.

Molly said...

It's pretty sweet. I was thinking about changing it to robots, but I might leave it on books for a while.