Thursday, June 17, 2010

You may call me Master (in about 3 years)

I think I'm going back to school.  I've sat on my butt for three years since graduation (save for a brief, failed attempt at city living) waiting for something to fall into my lap and make me change my life, and it just recently occurred to me that if I want change, I have to make it.  So I'm going to University.  Again.  I'm applying to the online program at Drexel University to get my masters in Library Science, with a concentration in archival studies so that I can be one of those cool people working in the dungeon of some museum rebuilding the Library of Alexandria or something.

I decided to do this for a number of reasons- the first being that I've become too comfortable in the job I have now, and other than the fact that I'm dying to live on my own, I have no real motivation to move forward with my life.  This is going to screw up my master plan of buying my own place soon because the money I've been saving for that reason will now be going towards tuition instead.  I'm hoping though that the payoff will be worth it, because I think this is going to open up my life a lot.  Once I've got my degree and I get a job and move to wherever that job is, I will have so many chances to meet new people (and by people I mean boys).  I have no desire for a relationship right now, but by the time I do, I would like to be living in a place where a guy's idea of a good time is not going to someones farm, getting drunk in a field and then driving home.  I need a nerdy boy who likes what I like, although I'm not sure how I'm going to find him.  (Maybe I could try out some nerdy pick-up lines; "Check me out at your local library!") 

I'm telling everyone because if I make it public, I can't back out.  I'm doing this and I'm doing it for real.  I'm applying for the Spring semester of 2011, because the deadline for Fall 2010 is August 2nd and I don't have enough time to get my stuff together before then.  So...yay!  I'm going to be a Master at something!  Assuming I get accepted into the program, that is.  I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch.  

No comments: