Monday, June 28, 2010

Mexican food makes me sleepy

I just got back from dinner out at a Mexican restaurant, and I'm so tired!  I can feel the delicious chicken tacos that I ate sitting in a warm, happy ball in my stomach, and it would be perfect napping conditions if it weren't 9pm.  I might go to bed early.  Seriously, I can barely hold my head up.  I haven't posted in a while though, so I'm going to be noble and fight through the exhaustion to update you all on what's been happening for the past few days.  Because I can tell that you are all just dying to know.  

So, basically nothing of consequence happened last week, hence the lack of posts.  Actually, I take that back.  Wednesday night I went to see the NY Phil at Avery Fisher.  They were performing Beethoven's Missa Solemnis with the NY Choral Artists (whoever they are).  It was excellent.  I absolutely love that piece, even though I wanted to kill myself every day that I was learning it in college because it was so hard and I had too many other things to worry about.  But I digress.  Anyway, I wound up going by myself and it was really fun.  I've never taken myself out to a concert before.  The only bummer was that I didn't have anyone to talk about it with afterward.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I did trade emails about it with my friend who works in arts management, and it turns out that she used to work for the conductor when he was just starting up, she represented the soprano when she was starting her career overseas (I believe the phrase that she used was "she was one of my kids that I was trying to sell over in Europe" haha) and she somehow knows the tenor through her former boss because they are friends or something.  Anyway, I yakked about it with her for a while, which was fun because she is a fabulous musician and she really knows her stuff.  

From a glitzy night out in town to doing my corporate duty- Friday night (which I count as the start of the weekend) was my company's annual outing to see a Trenton Thunder game.  They are the minor league team for the Yankees.  It was about as fun as I expected it to be, which was not very.  I mean, it was nice to see everyone outside of the office and with their families and stuff, but baseball is not my thing, and I'm not really friends with a lot of my co-workers.  They are very nice, pleasant people, I just don't want to have an extended conversation with them in a forced social setting.  I did have one friend that I really enjoy who came, and she brought her family and they are really fun, but other than that it was pretty boring.  But I felt like it was important to go, because it was a nice thing that the partners did for everyone at the office. 

Saturday I went up to spend the weekend with Alison and the rest of the Heathers, and that night we went to the fair in Yorktown.  It was really fun, and the boys had a blast.  They were so cute.  They were really dragging by the end of the night though, and so was I!  I don't know why I was so tired, all I did was walk around, but for some reason I was exhausted by the time we got home.  I crashed hard at bedtime, and didn't wake up the next morning until after 8:30.  That's unusual for me when I'm at their house.  Even though I've kind of gone past the point when I'm treated like a guest and am now one of the fam, I still try to be courteous and I feel like when I'm in someone else's home I shouldn't sleep in until all hours and then lie around the house in my pajamas until tea time.  I try to get up not too much later than the boys, but Sunday morning I was the last one out of bed.  I even missed early morning tea!  That's not too much of a bummer though because the last time I had early morning tea at their house it was 7:30 on Christmas morning, and I pounded down a HUGE cup of tea in about five minutes flat and then immediately had to run downstairs and throw it all back up because the combination of how excited I was in addition to how fast I drank the tea made me sick.  Luckily the boys were absorbed in presents, and Alison and Randall were absorbed in watching them open presents, so no one noticed my brief moment of disgusting grossness.  Which is good because it was really embarrassing.  I felt like a little kid who ate her Halloween candy too fast.  I mean, seriously.  I'm an adult and I threw up on Christmas morning because I was too excited. 

Okay this post has soured, and taken a turn that I wasn't expecting.  I wasn't planning on writing about puking on Christmas.  How did that happen?  That was a seriously polluted stream of consciousness.  So anyway, now you know what I've been up to for the past few days.  Not a bad week/weekend if I do say so myself.  Now I'm going to go plan my outfit for tomorrow, because it's going to be Fancy Dress-Up Day at work.  See you all on the flip side. 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Molly- remember what your boss says- you won't meet any guys at the club if you keep carrying around your books!

Lah said...

HAha, hilar! I just comment so you know I read. One of my friends had a random ticket to see the Missa Solemnis dress rehearsal. I couldn't go but I was thinking about how it would've been fun to go watch it and not be in the chorus.